Originally founded as an accounting and consulting firm working within the construction industry, Hertzbach has over 65 years of experience working side by side with contractors providing them essential tools for a successful future. We understand that operating a profitable construction business is challenging and requires management’s constant attention. Our Construction Industry Services Group consists of an experienced team of professionals that includes several CCIFPs. The comprehensive services we provide include accounting and auditing, assurance, tax planning and preparation, business advisory services, surety and bonding assistance and cost segregation services.
Construction Industry Services We Provide:
• Review your internal reporting systems and controls to improve productivity.
• Design accounting and computer systems for your unique needs.
• Choose a surety or bonding agent that has experience with your company’s size and type of contracts.
• Structure a program to increase your bonding capacity.
• Negotiate lines of credit with banks.
• Obtain credit and trade references.
• Prepare cost records and financial statements that bonding organizations require.
• Develop comprehensive income tax management strategies.
• Prepare interim and year-end tax projections.
• Provide income and estate tax planning for executives and business owners.
• Develop analysis of sales, use, excise and personal property tax savings.
• Prepare income tax returns.
• Perform strategic planning.
• Design operational reviews.
• Structure executive compensation and fringe benefits programs.
• Plan for business continuity and succession.
CERTIFIED CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY FINANCIAL PROFESSIONALS
The Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP®) designation is the only certification for construction financial professionals and is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) under ISO 17024:2012. The ICCIFP provides the construction industry with a third-party verification of an individual’s knowledge, which is essential to ethical financial management in today’s complex construction industry.
Dave Gaither, CPA, CCIFP and Eric Lee, CPA, CCIFP are featured in the Building Congress & Exchange’s (BC&E) latest newsletter. The article focuses on the financial future of the construction industry. The future of the construction is promising, and there are many robust opportunities that lie ahead. However, any potential opportunities could be hampered by…
Contractors manage projects every day. But, as the construction industry evolves, so does their need to keep getting just a little better at project management. This article describes four ways to gain a competitive edge when managing jobs. They involve preconstruction planning, simplifying field systems, and training managers and then holding them accountable. Read the…