Originally founded as an accounting and consulting firm working within the construction industry, Hertzbach has over 65 years of experience working side by side with contractors providing them essential tools for a successful future. We understand that operating a profitable construction business is challenging and requires management’s constant attention. Our Construction Industry Services Group consists of an experienced team of professionals that includes several CCIFPs. The comprehensive services we provide include accounting and auditing, assurance, tax planning and preparation, business advisory services, surety and bonding assistance and cost segregation services.
Construction Industry Services We Provide:
• Review your internal reporting systems and controls to improve productivity.
• Design accounting and computer systems for your unique needs.
• Choose a surety or bonding agent that has experience with your company’s size and type of contracts.
• Structure a program to increase your bonding capacity.
• Negotiate lines of credit with banks.
• Obtain credit and trade references.
• Prepare cost records and financial statements that bonding organizations require.
• Develop comprehensive income tax management strategies.
• Prepare interim and year-end tax projections.
• Provide income and estate tax planning for executives and business owners.
• Develop analysis of sales, use, excise and personal property tax savings.
• Prepare income tax returns.
• Perform strategic planning.
• Design operational reviews.
• Structure executive compensation and fringe benefits programs.
• Plan for business continuity and succession.
Contractors manage projects every day. But, as the construction industry evolves, so does their need to keep getting just a little better at project management. This article describes four ways to gain a competitive edge when managing jobs. They involve preconstruction planning, simplifying field systems, and training managers and then holding them accountable. Read the…
Contributing services to a cost segregation study remains a viable option for contractors to rev up revenue. It allows building owners to maximize their current tax deductions by using shorter lives and faster depreciation rates for qualifying parts of their properties. This article offers a quick review of the pertinent aspects and how contractors can…